What exactly are veteran benefits?
The state and government offer benefits which you or your loved ones may be eligible to receive. These benefits can compensate you for your service and assist you with your medical needs.
Who can get veteran benefits?
These benefits are available to veterans who served as well as their wives and widows.
If I wasn’t in combat, can I qualify?
Yes! You do not need to have served in combat to be eligible for benefits.
If I didn’t get hurt, can I still qualify?
Yes, you can. The pension is based on your current need for care, whether you were hurt in service or not.
What does need for care mean?
If you require assistance with some of your daily activities. You do not need to be hurt or ill to get the benefit.
What are the exact qualifications to get pay from the VA?
Below you’ll find general guidelines. Since each situation is different, call us to find out how these qualifications affect you.
|Need for aid||
|Financial limits||If you fit the service and need for care requirements, your income and assets should not hold you back from getting benefits. However, you need to plan properly – which VCS can help you do.|
Which wars are qualified dates of war?
You need only one day of service during one of the following wars:
- World War I: April 6, 1917, through November 11, 1918
- World War II: December 7, 1941, through December 31, 1946
- Korean War: June 27, 1950, through January 31, 1955
- Vietnam War: August 5, 1964 (February 28, 1961, for veterans who served in-country before August 5, 1964), through May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf War: August 2, 1990, through a date to be set by Presidential Proclamation or Law
Do I need to be poor to qualify?
No, you do not have to be poor. Many veterans who own their home and have investments still qualify for benefits. While there are limitations on assets, there are many exemptions too. For example, your home is usually not countable in your assets. Since each situation is different, it’s best if you discuss the details with a VCS care manager.
Why do I need your services if I can apply to the VA on my own?
If you apply directly with the VA, you have no one rooting for you. No empathetic expert who will dedicate themselves to get your claim to go through, ASAP.
The result? Less likely, less money, more time.
- You’re less likely to get approved.
- You might not get the full amount you’re entitled to.
- You’ll have to put up with a time-consuming and drawn-out process.
With VCS, you gain peace-of-mind and highest chances for success.
Can you promise that I’ll get approved?
If the decision would be up to us, we would! However, the VA has the last word and we can’t guarantee any amounts or approval.
What we can promise is this:
- We’ll use all our insider know-how to get you approved.
- The application process will be smooth and worry-free for you.
- We’ll be with you until you’re awarded a pension from the VA.